Thursday, January 22, 2015

Android Development Issues

     I have recently been having many issues with virtual devices and adding my own device for testing. Joye, the leader of our project CHRONI has been developing using her Nexus 7 for testing with API 19. Her tablet is working wonderfully with running CHRONI, but I have been having issues with running the program with anything besides her device. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and have been trying to test with it, but the program keeps crashing. What I am trying to work on is getting the program to work on different platforms. Currently, CHRONI only works on 7'' and 10'' devices. The program always crashes with virtual devices whether they are the right size, the right API or what. It's quite irritating to say the least. I need to figure out why these virtual devices keep breaking because I am not going to be able to test real devices. I don't have the ability to do so. At first I was using Nexus 7, Nexus 10, and other virtual devices in API 21. So then I thought, well maybe it's the API. So I checked the manifest and sure enough, the target SDK version was 20. I created more virtual devices with API 19 (there wasn't a 20) and tested them and they still failed. I'll figure out the problem soon enough, but I'm eager to see them running now.

No comments:

Post a Comment